About Town Hall Square and Ellis M. Lewis Park
When Falmouth Town Hall was built in 1966, a once larger Ellis M. Lewis Park had to be significantly downsized. Tennis courts were demolished, as were plans to build another public school on the site. Today, Ellis M. Lewis Park is used by many for bird watching and for scenic vistas of Siders Pond.
The small park is behind town hall off Main Street.
Ellis M. Lewis, a marine engineer at the Marine Biological Laboratory, served the town on various committees for nearly 70 years, most notably as park commissioner. He was a member of the park commission from 1917 to 1933 and again from 1940 until his death in 1953.