About Great Pond Frontage
A mile-long fringe on the west side of Great Pond became public land in 1947 as a gift from a Boston man whose family spent summers in Maravista. Henry John Lefevre, the founder of Falmouth Rod and Gun Club, donated the land in memory of his mother, Lillie Grew Lefevre.
Great Bay Street, a popular, sandy footpath (with auto access at times as well) runs along the lower portion of the pond for approximately one mile, and abuts dozens of private properties. There is a town boat ramp with limited parking on Great Bay Street, at the end of Harrington Street from Maravista Avenue.
Park at the lot for Falmouth Heights Beach for closest foot access to Great Bay Street.