About Swift Park
A level field was carved out of the rough hillside in West Falmouth in 1959, thanks to the urging of volunteer call firemen who wanted a playground for the village. The land had been donated by Willard E. and Alice M. Swift, and many years later, in 1974, the town dedicated the 4.4-acre park in their name.
The Swifts also conveyed land to the West Falmouth Library. Mrs. Swift served as president of the library association in the 1950s.
The park has two public tennis courts (that are also lined for pickle ball) and a Little League ball field. Please check with the Falmouth Recreation Department on court and field use.
Swift Park is on Blacksmith Shop Road, a short way up the hill from the West Falmouth Fire Station on Route 28A. Ample parking is available. Walkers who park here can access the Mock/Moraine Trails by heading uphill and following Friends Way to the end. (Note: Friends Way is a private road, so no parking is allowed.)